All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The GDPR Owner / Acting Controller is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Essex Countryside collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Essex Countryside who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Essex Countryside is professional property sale business located with three offices in Leigh on sea, Rayleigh and Thorpe Bay, Essex.
Our GDPR Owner / Acting Controller and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 01268 748428
The personal data we would like to collect and process from you is:
- Address of Property sale
- Form of ID such as Passport or Driving license
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Telephone (mobile and/or mobile)
- Email Address
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To verify identification of a data subject
- To supply and provide a professional Property Sale service to our clients.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- The legal judicial process requires this information before it can act in your behalf.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Third parties that may receive data are: Property sale websites, Legal companies, financial services and Property Sale software resources.
The special categories of personal data defined by the ICO are:
- Ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs
- Philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
- Data concerning a natural person's sex life
- Sexual orientation
It is rare this this data is stored, but if information of this nature should reach us for any reason, we respect it and if not required, will delete it.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Essex Countryside to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting our GDPR Owner at email@example.com and requesting a consent withdrawal form GDPR DOC 4.6a.
Essex Countryside will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent outside of this privacy notice. The third parties we use are known suppliers with good reputation and may only receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
To assist in meeting your Property Sale needs
Any work you request from us
3.4 Retention period
Essex Countryside will process personal data for up to 6 years and will store the personal data for a further 7 years.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct Property Sale.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Essex Countryside refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Essex Countryside (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Essex Countryside’s data protection representatives GDPR Owner / Acting Controller.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||[Data Protection Officer (DPO)] / [GDPR Owner] contact details|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioners Office||Lisa Yeomans|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||Essex Countryside|
|Address line 2:||2 Church Street|
|Address line 3:||Wimslow||Rayleigh|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||SS6 7EE|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||01268 748428|
3.7 Privacy statement
This privacy notice explains how we collect and process your data and your rights as a data subject.
4. Online privacy statement (Specific)
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Essex Countryside, will collect and use your personal data for the purpose of providing legal and financial services within a property sale.
Why does Essex Countryside need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with legal services we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and detailed legal service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for Property Sale purposes Essex Countryside would contact you for additional consent.
Will Essex Countryside share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Essex Countryside in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Essex Countryside’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Essex Countryside use the personal data it collects about me?
Essex Countryside will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Essex Countryside is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Essex Countryside contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Essex Countryside at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Essex Countryside does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Essex Countryside or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Essex Countryside accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Contact details of the GDPR Owner / Acting Controller:
|Contact Name:||Lisa Yeomans|
|Address line 1:||Essex Countryside|
|Address line 2:||2 Church Street|
|Address line 3:||Rayleigh|
|Address line 5:||SS6 7EE|